Saturday 11 August 2012

Olive Oil and Lime Vinaigrette

Fun Fact about Larissa: I am a salad lover! This is true. Naturally, I am also a lover of making homemade salad dressings. They are so easy, and they keep really well in your fridge. They taste better than store bought, as so many things do.

I could go on and on about how much I love salad! But I will try to refrain. I will say, however, that my love of salad can almost solely be credited to one of my high school art teachers, who always brought salad for lunch. I took inspiration from this, and now nearly everyday I bring salad for lunch! You might think, "Salad everyday? Boring!". But salad is SO versatile that it's almost impossible to get bored of it. I have learned over the years of salad making/eating that you can make a salad of pretty much ANYTHING. I usually just take whatever leftovers we have from dinner to make my salad for lunch the next day. Just add lettuce. Thank you, Miss Field, for keeping me happy, healthy, and never bored during the lunch hour!


This recipe is an Olive Oil and Lime Vinaigrette. It's a pretty simple one that can go well with many many salads. I recently made one with mixed greens + falafel + sliced radishes + sliced carrots + sliced celery + this vinaigrette and it was quite tasty.

Olive Oil and Lime Vinaigrette
Recipe very slightly adapted from My New Roots

  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • pinch cayenne pepper
Place all ingredients in a jar and shake it up! Dressing can be kept in a jar in the fridge for a few weeks. The olive oil may solidify from the cold, don't fear! Just let it sit at room temp to warm up a bit before serving again.











No comments:

Post a Comment